Tips to move an Aquarium



Moving to a new house from the old one is not a piece of cake for everyone. A few days ago after purchasing the new apartment I was in dilemma because I had to move all those household items including my nice huge aquarium. When I was about to move I was seeking suggestions from my friends and neighbors and one has suggested me to take professional help from NYC Movers who also have a office in New York City named as Great Moving.

After getting the suggestion, I visited their website to see the review which was given by their clients to know a little more about the service quality. I was overwhelmed by the reviews because all of them were nearly 4.5 star in a scale of 5. After that I had contacted them immediately and they come to my house for initial inspect to estimate the value of their service. Then when I see their projected charge I was amazed because I have always assumed that moving service would be pricey but they had proved me wrong. Anyway their overall service were great. Now I am going to describe the way I had packed my Aquarium prior shifting to my new apartment.

1. First of all, it will be wiser to move the aquarium a separate day as the fish need immediate attention after moving. If you move the fish tank on the same day along with other items there is a high chance of forgetting about your fishes.

2. Before the moving day do not feed your fish. It can be harmful for their health when shifting from tank.

3. Take precautions while removing your water heater. Turn the heater down 1 hour prior to move up that from water. If you just simply lift that from water after immediate turn down there is a high risk of cracking the heater.

4. Move up all the big stones and ornaments that you had inside of that tank before catching the fish. Try to empty on third of the water from the tank so that you can easily catch the fishes. It will be difficult for fishes to move away from your fishing net, in small amount of water. Try to bag separate types of fishes in separate poly bags which have to be filled with the same water of the aquarium. You can see some YouTube videos as well to see how they catch fishes and bagged them prior to shift.

Comments